Tourism and Activities
Throughout the year, Le Grand Pavillon Chantilly hotel is a wonderful leisure ground for young and old alike. It is also the starting point for sporting activities, fun days out and cultural visits accessible to all.
Our team is on-hand to help you create your own tailor-made programme!
AT LE GRAND PAVILLON CHANTILLY HOTEL
- Cycling: magnificent bike rides through the 17-hectare parkland, with the Domaine de Chantilly at just a five-minute ride away and paths leading as far as Senlis. The opportunity to discover the Chantilly national forest and surrounding countryside over the passing seasons, and spend fun-filled moments with family and friends.
- Horses: just a few minutes from the Great Stables (Grandes Écuries) and the Living Horse Museum, take advantage of the horses at Le Grand Pavillon Chantilly hotel to ride through the vast avenues of the estate and the Chantilly national forest.
- Guided tour through the Chantilly Forest: on reservation
- Board games and outdoor fun: come together around your favourite board games that bring joy to young and old alike, and on fine days, compete in friendly lawn games of Mölkky and Boules. The grounds of Le Grand Pavillon Chantilly are an open-air playground in the heart of nature.
- Domaine de Chantilly: a remarkable ensemble. Guided tour of the Domaine de Chantilly: on reservation
- Château de Chantilly: under the rule of its owner, the Duc d’Aumale, this 19th century architectural jewel houses one of the most stunning collections of works of art and is known as the Condé Museum. Also worth seeing are its Large Suites, Reading Room, etc.
- The Great Stables, Living Museum of the Horse: welcome to the heart of the equestrian tradition and the living soul of the Domaine for centuries.
- The Princes de Condé Chantilly Racecourse: a place of intense emotion for all horseracing enthusiasts.
- Le Pavillon de Manse also known as the Moulin des Princes: to discover more about the history of hydraulic techniques.
- Potager des Princes or Parc de la Faisandrie (Pheasantry Park): a vast and superb park in the heart of Chantilly with an exceptional range of gardens including a Japanese garden, a garden of Eden, a kitsch garden, chess topiaries, exotic and romantic gardens, a bamboo maze, orchards and more
- The Chantilly Lace Museum: a wonderful journey into the poetic world of lace, discovering the remarkable skills that are the pride of this region.
Guided tour of the Lace Museum: on reservation
NEAR LE GRAND PAVILLON CHANTILLY
- Horseback riding: for the pleasure of young and old alike, discover the capital of horses and horseback riding. And for that, what better than a visit of the surroundings on horseback?
- Senlis: stroll through the Medieval town, admire its cathedral - one of the first Gothic buildings in France -, and wend your way through the alleyways of Senlis' colourful market.
- Château de Pierrefonds: the unique and majestic resurrection of architect, Viollet-le-Duc. 55 minutes from the hotel.
DESTINATION FOR FAMILY FUN AND ATTRACTIONS
- Parc Astérix: meet all the heroes of the irresistible Gaulish village on the many rides.
- Disneyland Paris ®: Europe's leading destination for Mickey Mouse and the entire enchanted world of Walt Disney. A fairy-tale experience for all ages!
- La Mer de Sable Theme Park: experience the American Wild West through the attractions and shows.